I really do have an interesting life.
I lived in rural korea and played in the mountains. My best friends were: the daughter of the richest family in my village, an orphan boy who lived with his grandmother (who ate my dog), and the fucking cows my neighbors had. I was different there too since my family were the only ones who spoke in a seoul dialect while everyone else spoke in a country dialect.
I got to move to America, something a lot of people would do so much to get. I lived in Indianapolis, Indiana. That place was literally the ghetto. Everyone in my schools were black and all my neighbors were black as well. Its kind of funny seeing how I grew up in the black community and now I have 0 black friends. Fancy that.
Not many teenagers have already gone through mourning of the death of a parent. Neither have they been isolated in America alone with no friends or any family while your other parent is barely alive in the ICU. Not many teenagers have made funeral arrangements, dealt with closing of a business, or have gone through living isolated for a month right after your parent’s death.
I’ve also got to make a multi-million dollar law suit decision. Its funny thinking about how much my life would have changed if I had chosen to go through with suing, but I’m content with where my life is. I mean, I’ve already got 500k in the bank for me from my adoptive white grandmother.
My dad’s family lived on an Island off Korea for generations. His brothers and sisters were the first of his family to leave. My mother’s parents had a bitter arranged marriage. My mom’s family were a strong believer of traditional korean spirit based religion. Her dad was a bitter alcoholic who made his wife work at a nut shelling factory to raise 5 kids. He died of liver failure or something when my mom was 16.
I used to hate who I was and my past. Now I honestly embrace it. My life would have been so boring if I was born into a middle class white family in a small town and lived there my whole life. Because at the end of the day, I have k-pop and you guys don’t
No comments:
Post a Comment