Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1/11/11

I haven't written anything in a long time. Its not that I didn't have anything to write, heavens no, its just I didn't feel like writing anything. I always think about things that I might want to write down, like memories I would want to keep. So time to recappppp

DEC/30/2010:
That day was the last day my dad would ever preach in TKUMC. We've always wanted to move churches for a while now. Our family has been thinking about it since last year (2009). It felt odd going to church that day with my whole family (oh, chanyang came back from boston). I felt so at home in this church. I know everyone, and everyone knows me. I think the best thing about having a small church is that we're all a family. Not sure if this is the norm, but all the members show up for everything our church does. Picnics, house dinners, sat service, Christmas lunch, thanksgiving lunch, ect. I feel really connected to everyone.

I woke up at around 10ish. Chanyang told me its snowing, I didn't believe her so I went outside to check. Nope, no snow anywhere, well not until we got to church. As cliche as this may be, but I thought the snow was a sign from God. We've been at this church for 7-8 years? My sister and I spent our childhood and grew up with these members. This church has also given us so much stress and burden, yet fulfilling at the same time. I don't know, a lot of mixed feelings.

It was strange seeing the snow in Tallahassee. After all, we live in Florida. The closest thing we've ever gotten were frozen oranges and ice on our car windows. I can still visualize the snow. Little flurries falling down from the sky. It looked like a light rain, only someone painted the rain clouds white and slowed down the drops.

My dad told me he thinks its a sign from God too. To symbolize the end and also the beginning of something else. I still feel strange about the snow. I mean, to snow at the day my dad leaves the church. It feels like something else.

Pastor's family retreat
It was different this year. Sally and Grace didn't come, (moved churches out of zone) and a lot of new people did. Our "youth" consisted of 11 people. Everyone spoke in korean all the time (except 2 kids who didn't know how to speak it). This year we had like, 20-23? The newbies were all from north carolina and their dads were pastors at an American church, not korean. Most of them (if not all) had english 1st, korean 2nd (if they could speak it at all). So this year everyone talked in english.

I think I had the most fun this year. Which is also ironic since we probably won't be able to go anymore since my dad is moving churches. aaaaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment