Monday, May 2, 2011
In The Ends....
Dear Judge Gievers,
Sorry for the delay, I’ve just been thinking a lot about this paper and what I really want. I understand why you asked me to write this paper. You wanted me to go learn and educate myself on the matter before making a life changing decision. I talked to my economics teachers and they gave me what they had to say. I was told that the future is fickle, and how much investing a large sum of money ensure stability in the future.
I was told to invest in mutual investments for security, how compound intrest can magically transform pocket change into diamonds, how Certificates of deposits are basically “money in the bank”, and to stay away from single investments at all cost. Even with the low interest rates, the money I get from this case would grow significantly over the years. I know this might sound crazy, but I don’t want to go through with the case.
Maybe giving up financial stability for life for morals might seem crazy, but that’s what I really want. I don’t think the money will make me happy. We’re already getting more than enough money from our case with Church Mutual, I don’t think our family needs anything more. Also, I personally believe that we don’t deserve the money at all. I feel like its not ours to take and it would only burden the church.
Its funny how I thought I could write a more persuasive paper, after all the research I did. But the sad truth is that there aren’t many arguments to support my decision, but tons to support going for the money. In the end our family’s decision will be firm and its not going to change. It seems ignorant of us to shove our morals in this topic, but that’s what we truly believe to be the best course of action. I hope you respect our decision, thank you.
Sincerely,
Gyeongbae Jung
god my paper sucks so hard
I need to improve it or something
I guess I ended up not taking the money. To be honest, I want it badly. But we’re in no position to grab for it, and I know that. I’ll probably end up regretting it in the next 10 years for the rest of my life. But I would probably end up regretting it if I took the money as well. I’d rather just stick to my family. After all, we are the J-Team.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment