Thursday, September 30, 2010

2.Lets Talk - The "Right" Thing

Guess whos the smarty pants taking Psychology general!?

ME



So anyways, in Psycho we're learning about the human mind (Obviously). I found something interesting and I knew I had to blog about it (I AM KOOL CAT).

I forget the official term for it, but it says that human beings act and adapt to the set authority and the accepted rules of society.

Does this mean everything we know as "right" is only an illusion of society? Do we only believe such things are "wrong" because society has told us so?

Mr.Welch, my amazing AP World Teacher, tried to teach us a little somethin' somethin' about the early American cultures. Something about everyone stabbin' their penises and making their tongues bleed. Apparently killing was accepted, even glorified.

Personally, I'm glad we don't live in the age, where making your penis bleed was everyone's past time.

No comments:

Post a Comment