Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thinking some thoughts


Originally a facebook note
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently seated at a PC cafe, the pleasent aroma from the pumes of smoke puff out from the smoker seated next to me. Whats odd is that I'm seated at a no-smoking section, but who the crap cares about rules or the innocent lunges of the children playing their video games. I have no idea why I'm typing this, maybe to loosen up my mind after losing a thousand times in some stupid racing game online. Or maybe it's just so I can get in contact with some sort of english.

Anyways, I'm in korea for the first time since I left 9 years back. Since then a lot has changed, like it should. I visited my home town in Miryang, many of the old ladies I remembered died but many were still kicking. In my memories, everything seemed huge. The hill that leads up to my old house, the rice fields, the pond, the roads, and even the darn freaking mountains. I remember that one of my closest friends was a kid, dirt poor, living in a broken down home with his grandma. His house smelled and it was pest kingdom. There was also a mentally retarded woman that living in the lake area. She had a wooden shack, wore torn up clothes, and she came to our church every so often.

I thought she was cool, but when we're little, we don't judge the mentally disabled. In elementary school, everyone would play tag or some other silly game. If someone wanted to play, they let them in without judging. The two mental kids from my elementary school, a boy and a girl. The girl's name was Heather, I didn't see her as any different besides the fact that she had a helper (I always thought it was her mom) with her. She didn't seem bad, but actually really nice. She would say hi and talk to me every now and then. After going into middle school, I didn't have any classes with mental kids. I saw Heather for the first time at around half way through the school year.

She waved or said hi, not quite sure, but I hesitated and looked away. Why? I don't know, but I still hesitate to talk to mental people. When I first moved to florida, my family moved into a apartment complex called Savannah Sound. The next apartment (?) neighbor was a middle aged black woman, heavy smoker. She housed a bunch of mentally retarded people. (Her job? idk probably) I didn't like the woman, not for her gender or race, but because she made our apartment entrance smell like a burning building.

I still have no idea why I'm typing this, but just random thoughts popping up in my head. Anyways, back to Korea. Today I woke up at 8:00 am, took a shower (My Grandma's shower isn't a magical metal sheet with holes that shoots water. No, you have to go turn on a seperate boiler and wait for it to heat up the water. The water you take a shower with comes out of a faucet like 2 feet above the ground. You put a big bucket under it to collect the water. Then you use a smaller bucket and throw hot water on yourself till you feel clean. I miss my American showers.), and watched some TV until it was 8:45. Than I went to one of my uncle's houses with my sister. Amazingly, all the family members in my dad's side live in Seoul. Even more amazingly, they live a few yards away. Super amazingly amazingly, 3/6 work in the same factory. Super explosively amazingly, my 34 year old aunt is the accountant, and my 40 something uncles are the bosses. The three people's houses just happens to surround the factory. Anywho, the uncle's house that I went to has 2 daughters. The younger one is the same age as me, and the older the same as my older sister.

That family (and my grandmother) are the only people I remember from my dad's side. My sister and the bigger daughter used to be best of friends. She even said she remembers crying like crazy when our family left for America. But none of them will even talk to us. They ask their parents to ask us questions. sfbefbebfbabd

So we went to youth service with the boss uncles' daughters. (3 of them, the other uncle has a daughter) We sat next to them, for an hour and half. Then they ditch us, this isn't the first time they ditched us, but to ditch us during church? Pfft, I don't care. I like my mom's side better anyways, and they also live in the same district of the same town. But I did manage to get two amazing things from going to the service.

1) a cartoon picture of Jesus doing the wondergirls' "Nobody" pose (Will take a picture and upload later, probably)

2) a story by the pastor.

The story goes like this:

It's exam season, this girl comes into class like 10 min people everyone and writes "Jesus is the answer to everything!" on the chalkboard. Students come in, some people laugh, others look at it and walk away, but this one girl just kept staring at it. She got up from her seat and writes: "If Jesus is the answer to everything, then what is the question?"

I don't know how to answer this either, maybe one of you random "friends" will know the answer to the question about the answer.

I will leave my train of thoughts at that, my PC cafe time is about to hit 2 hours. A tremendous about of $1.50 if I don't leave by then. 50 cents per hour, but they only charge $4 if you stay for 10 hours straight. BARGAIN

Once again, I have no idea why I'm typing my random train of thoughts to a bunch of people who will either

1) Not care
2)Make judgements
3) Make judgements and not care
4)facepalm
5)finish reading it with a blank face, click the facebook button on the upper left, and check on new status updates.

orrrrr
6) Read the first paragraph, become bored, and THEN do 5).

I miss firefox spell checker

No comments:

Post a Comment