Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Family Road Trip: 10 is all I see


The first leg of the trip had come to a close. Atlanta had welcome my family (and our wallets) into her arms. That sunday morning we had arrived at our destination around 10:30 am. We went to one of our family friend’s (who just happens to be a methodist korean minister as well) church. I was tired and I kind of sort of fell asleep during his sermon. It was really awkward meeting him again and again, seeing as I had fallen asleep when he was preaching the word of God so furiously.

We spent the rest of the day with another korean family whom we are also friends with (surprise, right?). We spent the night at a korean Sauna and woke up bright and early to go see the MLK museum. The Museum was really lacking funding. Like, the “ever lasting fire” was no longer managed by Atlanta Gas. Overall I wouldn’t recommend visiting it for amusement. If you’re really into MLK’s history and small museums, go for it!

Next stop in A-Town was the CNN building. I love CNN, I used to watch Robin Meade in the morning religiously. It was fun and I bought a Cheese doll (from Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends)

me and my baby


We finished off the day with a trip around the Gerogia Aquarium (was the biggest Aquarium in the world, until someone told Dubai to make a bigger one) and the Coca Cola factory. The Coca Cola factory had a room where you could sample different products from different countries. The whole time I was thinking “who the fuck drinks this nasty crap”. Like, some of those sodas were real nasty, REAL NASTY. Like, so nasty I had to drink coke to wash the crap out my mouth, and I hate coke.

The Pastor (and various deacons) treated us to dinner at a Korean BBQ place. We slept at the same hotel we used to sleep in during Korean Family Retreats. The whole night I did nothing but work on virtual school, it was pretty dumb. We left for Indiana but stopped at Nashville to look at some dumb Parthenon replica. I had to beg my dad not to take me to the country music museum. Now we’re back in our “home” town of Indianapolis, Indiana. We’re staying at a family friend’s house (who happens to have at&t internet that downloads 300 kps). I’m looking forward to visiting someone that I care a lot about tomorrow. Shes like family to us and it pains me to know that her cancer turned fatal. I regret a lot of things that I should have done, but thats another rant for another dumb blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment