Monday, December 26, 2011
ITS THAT TIME AGAIN
Its the mooooost wonderful time of the yeearrrr
No, I’m not talking about Christmas, I’m talking about the annual korean methodist pastor’s family meet up at Duluth, Georgia. I look forward to this every single year since its just so much fun.
26th: We arrived early because my dad
is a nincompoop wanted to get there early and then rest. I was panicking and freaking out since I found out the youth kids were all sharing 2 rooms, one for girls other boys. I started counting up how many guys there would be, I guessed around 9 (not counting new people). There were two beds.
9 people, 2 beds, 1 small room, and socially awkward me.
I saw Gloria Kim first. She this short (like 4’9” short) sophomore that is completely and utterly white washed. Shes self absorbed and everything revolves around her. Oddly, shes one of my friends.
We have this traditional awkward first night dinner. No one talks and we try to break the ice but everything fails. It lasts for 3 hours too so its not easy meal. New people join, old people leave, and old friends feel awkward around each other. There was inner fighting between the pastors this year. A lot of the “veteran” youth kids didn’t come this year because of that. The vets were the super korean ones, so everyone used english this year which I have no problem with. The past years we always used predominately korean and some konglish with english used only to communicate with our white washed pals.
We went back to the hotel after dinner and Me, Gloria, and Jungwoo (sophomore guy, pretty chill and funny) went to the guys room. We sat and talked for and bit and Isaac and his brother joined us. I don’t particularly like them, but I act like were friends since I see them every year. Isaac is this fat guy who has no idea what social norms are. His brother has a country accent (hes from Mississippi) but is less downsy compared to his brother (and skinny and not ugly). I used to think Isaac was dumb, then he told me he got into University of Southern California with a scholarship and is majoring in biology to be a doctor. No matter how dumb they may seem, mother fucking asians will prove to be academically superior. He got a fucking 34 on his ACT for goodness sakes.
My sister and the college kids were taking care of the little kids so we had to wait for the parents to pick up their kids. Since the parents chose to come at around 12am, we had too much time to spare. We played have you ever and it turned from “have you ever failed a class” and “have you ever gotten a C” to “have you fingered a girl before” fast. It was awkward and dumb so we stopped.
We finally went bowling at like 1. I rolled a spare, then a strike. a spare, and then another strike. Everyone was like “Gyeongbae wtf” and I was just as equally shocked. I rolled consistently high and then started rolling 0s like nobody’s business. I ended up pooping like crap as the game went on. I only ended up with a 98, I was disappointed. Isaac’s brother, Gajin, ended up beating me by a land slide of 140. We played another game and my pooping streak followed. My score was one of the lowest, it was weird.
We got back around 2:30 and Gloria was like “Hey, stay up with me”. I don’t know why I agreed, but I did. I thought “breakfast is going to be at 4 hours anyways, why not?” Gloria, Jungwoo, Gajin, and I stayed up. We took pictures on her laptop for like an hour. Then we started talking about abortions. It was, once again, weird. It was just and odd night overall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment