Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Too Short

I feel like there aren’t enough hours in a day, not enough days in a year, and not enough years in our lives. Maybe then, time would no longer be precious. You know, then you could do more stupid and silly things like going for a nightly walk or staring at the clouds. But nothings going to change. Time will keep moving and everything will one day crumble to dust.

Then whats the point in life? Christian morals has taught me that you must live for God and to bring others into Christ. Is there a point? Christianity will never completely take over the world. Even so, what happens if everyone becomes “Christian?” Are modern American Christians even achieving this life goal if all they do is go to church once a week, tithe, and pray? When they pray for good fortune or for others to meet God, are they praying someone else would do it for them? The bible tells us to make disciples of all nations, then why don’t we see mass amounts of missionaries flocking to needy areas like the middle east or china? These are questions I’ve been asking since I was little, but never got and never will get answers. People are scared; they are scared to lose that home stability, that next pay check, the promotion, and whatever they value to pursue what they should.

Its not just about religious people. I never take chances. I’m pretty sure a lot of people are scared to risk their normality and stability to leap into a pit of uncertainly. We down grade ourselves and settle for less or we let someone else take the plunge for us. We’re ok with what we have and too scared to let go of even the pettiest of things.

I’m only 17, why do I have so many life regrets? Isn’t this the point in my life where I’m suppose to be crazy and adventurous? Then why am I scared of challenges, surprises, and conflict? Time, please slow down a bit. Let me catch my breath and give me a bit longer to work things out. Give me a bit longer so I can live my life in happiness. I want to be happy, not content.

No comments:

Post a Comment